First and foremost, I want to thank JcCee over at Journey to a Healthy Me for nominating me. I am both honored and delighted. I know it’s taken me some time to actually write this post up, but I guess it’s better late than not at all.
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
3. Share 7 facts or things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers that you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog
Seven Facts about myself
- I’m a redhead with all the feisty attitude that entails (It’s true, you don’t want to mess with us!). I had someone tell me a few years ago that my hair looked more brown than red and I was SO offended. Which is funny because when I was growing up, my red hair was my curse. Kids made fun of me daily and I pretty much hated it until I was in high school or even after. I’ve never dyed my hair because I was lucky enough to have the color most women were trying to achieve through chemicals, but now that it’s really starting to show the gray, I’m wondering if I should try it out. Maybe a streak of purple right up front to really freak my boyfriend out!
- I started playing the piano at a young age and have always enjoyed playing. I can’t say I know all the rules which makes playing new music difficult sometimes, but once I could read music, I could pretty much play anything you put in front of me. The one thing I could never do was play something without the sheet music. I’m always amazed when people can recreate what they hear or just sit down and randomly play some jazz, or something.
- I was stuck in a choir class in seventh grade as one of my electives and I remember not wanting to be in that class, but by the end of that year, I was hooked. I love singing. I sang in a choir all through high school and even won a regional competition for singing a solo my senior year. It was something I always thought I would pursue and even ended up taking voice lessons a few years ago and really loved it, but couldn’t think of where I was going to take it, so I let it go. You can now find me singing in the car or along with my iPod or sometimes scaring the crap out of my kids when I bust out with a song in the middle of the kitchen for no reason at all!
- I remember when I was pregnant with Andru and I was somewhere around 190 pounds (somehow justifying that to myself because I was pregnant) and I was thinking, at least I’m not over 200 pounds. About two years later, I hit the 210 mark. It was a pretty low point in my life, but not just because I was overweight. I made a lot of really difficult changes in my life and within a year of starting on NutriSystem (I only lost about 20 pounds on that program) I had lost over 60 pounds. I am a much happier, healthier me today!
- When I was 11, my family rented a houseboat on Lake Powell for a week or maybe even two, I can’t remember. One rather hot, sweltering day, we all decided to go swimming. We must have been moving locations or something because the driver of the boat had just stopped it so we could take a dip, but it was actually still moving forward slightly. My uncles and cousins all jumped off the side of the boat, but I was so excited, I just ran and jumped off the front and before I knew it, it was over my head and I was swimming faster than I think I ever have. I remember looking back at the propellers thinking I was going to die. I’m not sure I really understood the gravity of the situation at that young age, but I remember it now and it freaks me out!
- I have a huge family – I am actually number 8 of 9. I have two older brothers who had big families as well, so it’s hard to keep my nieces and nephews straight. I have no idea how my parents keep all the grandkids and great grandkids straight. I’m happy with my three. 🙂
- As you probably already know from my blog, I love running. I’m not a crazy marathon runner (those people amaze and confound me!), in fact, the farthest distance I have reached to date is 5 miles. I would like to run a half marathon with my sister next year, but I’m not sure I’m up to that level of crazy yet. I will keep you all updated cause I know you’re dying to find out! 🙂
Below is a list of the fifteen blogs I admire. I think I need to expand my follow list as many of these are either no longer accepting nominations or have received this award multiple times, although I have to say, I feel like I’m constantly behind in my reader as is. I did an actual link to their blog so you can easily check them out if you haven’t already.
Just Something I Was Thinking About
Thanks again to all you amazing bloggers out there for making this such a lovely experience.
Happy writing, reading and blogging to you all! ❤