This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was:“I would get down on my knees, I would do anything for you.” Once again, the theme I chose doesn’t have much to do with that one lyric. The name of the song it comes from is “I Touch Myself” by The Divinyls. I have to admit that I came up with the themes pretty fast after I knew what Marquessa’s song choices were and this one seems a bit off, but I also think it is an interesting one.
I suppose I jumped at the very first line in the song, “I love myself”, but the song is more about obsession than anything else. Either way, I’ve come up with the theme and I believe it’s a good choice and can go in many different directions, so I hope you enjoy the song-hunting journey.
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “self love”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.