This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “In your eyes I’ve found the missing pieces…” However, the theme I chose doesn’t have much to do with that one lyric. I went and read all the lyrics to Savage Garden’s I knew I loved You, and was able to come up with an interesting theme. Besides, we did the whole “love” thing back in February, and I’m all about keeping it fresh here on the blog.
I know I’m guilty of “forward thinking”. I try to predict how someone will react when I say certain things. I was also guilty of thinking the absolute worst when my husband had heart surgery earlier this year. It’s hard not to let your mind run, but honestly, we are pretty bad at predicting the future, thank god! My husband is healthy and whole and we were able to get married only a few months after his surgery.
That being said, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is fortune telling/predicting the future.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.