When I first started doing this, I picked a lot of ideas as the theme, rather than a word. I’m not sure when it changed to words as the theme, but it seemed easier to actually come up with a theme when it was just a word. However, I had some help this week and I’m really excited about the suggestion, since it will be slightly different than what we’ve been used to.
I hope you will all hop over to Kirstwrites blog this week and give her a huge thanks for keeping things interesting around here this week.
So, let’s just get right to it. Put your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week, brought to us by the lovely Kirstwrites, is “a song from an artist/singer who shares your name”. While this might be a difficult challenge, you could always just post a favorite song if you aren’t able to find an artist/singer that shares your name along with a song you like. We’ve got to make it difficult sometimes, right?
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.